Position Title: Java Developer
Location: Remote (Work@Home)
Schedule: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, M-F except for USA National Holidays
Company Background: Niche Aim Technologies (www.nicheaim.com) is a Technology-as-a-Service company that helps organizations deliver greater Value to their Clients, Shareholders, Employees, Partners, Vendors, and Communities through the appropriate implementation, use, and management of technology resources.
As a Java Developer, you will be a key player in the implementation of a new system that will be delivered in a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform for the Healthcare, Human Resources, and Enterprise Business in the USA and Mexico that dramatically improve the performance and services value of Niche Aim customers. You will be joining a team of experienced developers, as well as world-class experts in the areas of programming languages, distributed computing, databases, BigData, and Industry to build technologies necessary to realize this goal.
The ideal candidate should have strong development skills in Java backend systems with the use of relational databases. This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to ensure code quality, reliability, maintainability, high performance, and scalability of systems that can interact with multiple end-user applications and sub-systems.
- Work closely with a distributed team of project managers, business analysts, software architects, developers, and quality engineers to achieve common goals and team success.
- Provide accurate and realistic estimates of effort and duration for assigned tasks.
- Proactively communicate, if appropriate escalate, risks and issues as identified during the course of your work and daily activities.
- Design and develop software components.
- Design and implement domain-specific solutions with appropriate abstraction to elegantly solve problems.
- Refactor and optimize programs for clarity, modularity, scalability, and speed
- Implement randomized unit tests and automated testing platforms.
- Identify, integrate and work with different languages and tools to deliver high-quality software products.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Understanding and experience with Object Oriented analysis, patterns and design practices (Object modeling, use cases, activity diagrams, and UML).
- 5 + years architecting and/or developing of Java Backend Systems with multiple data sources and data stream processing via sockets and/or publish/subscribe middleware.
- Proficient use of Unix/Linux and associated shell scripting
- Web Services and Serialization (XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, XSLT)
- Strong experience in database design and developing systems with Relational Databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience working with large data sets including, but not limited to, data aggregation, and historical (temporal data).
- Proficient in the use of advanced SQL statement
- Working knowledge and experience working with source control systems like Subversion, CVS, Git.
- Working knowledge and experience with JVM profiling and debugging tools
- Working Expertise with Java backend frameworks like J2EE, Spring, Hibernate
- Proven experience in Continuous Integration practices and tools (Jenkins, Maven)
- Proven experience with unit testing tools and frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, DBUnit)
- Development under Agile frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
- Independent, self-disciplined, self-motivated and intellectually curious.
- Ability to work autonomously as part of a distributed team.
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative team setting
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage several activities in parallel
- Aptitude for learning new technologies and concepts
- Resilient to change
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and Experience building Cloud Native application targeted for GCP
- GCP Professional Certifications like; Cloud Developer, Cloud Architect, DevOps Engineer
- Proven experience with static code analysis tools (PMD, Checkstyle, FindBug)
- Knowledge of other programming languages like C, C#, C++
- Knowledge of other scripting languages like Python, PHP, Groovy, etc.
- Experience using the Grails Framework
- Knowledge of non-relational Databases (MongoDB, DocumentDB, Cassandra, Coachbase, HBase, Redis, and Neo4)
- Experience working with OAuth authentication
- Experience working with LDAP authentication
- Experience working with SAML authentication
- Experience working with OpenID Connect and JWT
- Experience configuring and working with Keycloak or other IAM
- Experience working with Healthcare Application
- Working knowledge of HIPAA compliance requirements for healthcare applications.
- Knowledge of HL7 Standards
- Knowledge of FHIR standards
- Experience working with HAPI FHIR server
- Competitive Salary
- Major Medical Insurance
- Minor Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- U.S. Paid Holidays
- Visa and Passport Purchase
- Computer Purchase Program