Position Title: Microsoft (.Net) Software Engineer
Location: Remote (Work@Home)
Schedule: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm CST, M-F except for USA National Holidays
Our client is a global leader providing online education, assessment, remediation, certification, and e-learning solutions for the post-secondary academic market specifically serving the nursing, allied health, sports medicine, public safety, and the financial services industries. Ascend employs more than 900 employees in 35 states. Our client portfolio companies consist of Jones and Bartlett Learning, ATI Nursing Education, the National Healthcare Association, ExamFX, the National Academy of Sports Medicine, Boston Reed, Advanced Informatics and ClickSafety
We are searching for a Microsoft .Net Software Engineer in our Clinical Health Software Engineering organization. The Software Engineer will have responsibility for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software applications in a for-profit organization utilizing
Microsoft technologies. This is a full-time position.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality for the ATI Nursing
- Platform using cutting edge technology, including C#, most recent versions of the .NET Framework, .Net Core, Angular, WCF, and MSSQL.
- Work with Platform Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business-impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced SW Engineers.
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality to automate deployments in a microservices architecture environment.
- Work closely with other engineering team members to ensure code deployments are fully automated and transparent.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as-needed to support production issues.
- Assist and in some cases be responsible for the design and architecture of projects and features.
- Be willing to support deployments outside of work hours participate in an on-call rotation.
- Actively participate in all relevant agile ceremonies for each project iteration.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development for web-based applications.
- Understanding of an Agile based development methodology or similar formal methodologies is required.
- Extensive knowledge through work experience with the following programming languages: MS C#, JQuery, MVC, WCF, SQL, HTML5, CSS 3.0, and Angular.
- Experience with Jira, Bamboo, Subversion SVN, GIT, IIS, .NET Framework.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is recommended.
- Demonstrated organizational and teamwork skills, strong attention to detail, and a
- willingness to participate in collaborative development projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to translate a business scenario into a technical solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.